Monday, September 7, 2009

Selena Gomez No More Disney??!

OMG! :O this is so sad! It sounds as if once Selena Gomez’s contract is up with the Disney Channel Original Series “Wizards of Waverly Place” she will be moving away from the Disney Channel and heading off to college and working on shooting movies on the side. Selena says about Wizards, “I think this’ll be the last series that I do. I’m going to try to pull a Natalie Portman. Natalie went to Harvard while shooting ‘Star Wars.’ I don’t know how she did it. I want to have lunch with her and ask her — that seems like a bunch of stress right there.”

Selena told reporters that she is keeping her fingers crossed that she will be accepted into Northwestern University, her dream school.

As for how Selena is going to bring her audience along with her when she transitions from the Disney Channel to other, broader movie roles she says, “I’m going to make that transition slowly. I’m not going to immediately go do something that’s way off the charts, because my goal is to keep my audience and have them grow with me.”

What does Selena want to go to school for you might wonder? Well the teen celebrity is looking to study theater or journalism.

How will Selena fit in such a busy schedule of school and filming movies? She has just the answer: “I don’t really like to rest too much. If I’m resting in LA, I tend to miss home [in Texas] a lot and that’s not good for me, because then I get sad and I miss my family. I do constantly like to work. I believe that it keeps me going and makes me happy. ”

Thanks to www.disneydreaming.com

1 comment:

  1. when is her contract up???? OHHHHH I'm going to miss Wowp soooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!! Miley has been with disney longer and nobody has said anything about HER contract being up!!!!! Selena is a better acress/singer than miley(no offense if ur reading this miley, thats just my opinion. i still like u though) and Selena should get the same amout of time a miley and the other disney stars!!!!

    ReplyDelete